Thursday, August 15, 2013

Libraries Rock

Before the Bean joined us, I used the library a lot, just for borrowing books. I mostly just requested things online and popped in to pick my stuff up. Since the Bean, I have discovered that the Seattle Public Library system has a ton of events for kids. The best part is they are all free (well, paid for with taxes, but it doesn't cost extra to enjoy them). We are lucky and live between a number of different branches, so we have lots of events to chose from. We go to baby story time at least once a week. Its really songs that you move your baby to. He loves it. I love all the new songs we learn. We frequently sing the ones he really likes at home.

During the summer, the library has had a ton of special events. We finished the summer reading program and got a free book. Since we finished early, we even got one by one of our favorite authors, Sandra Boynton. On Tuesday, there was a kindie band at one of the branches, so we went to see them. They were a lot of fun. They had the kids moving and dancing to most of the songs. The Bean mostly just hung with me and watched everyone, but he clapped lots.

Here is he, very intently watching all the action



No comments:

Post a Comment