Soft food is pouches is the new baby food craze. The pouches have a spout on them that kids can suck the food out of. I wasn't really interested in them, because they are mostly just baby food, puréed mixes of fruits or veggies. I'd much rather just give him the real thing. Not to mention, like every product designed for baby, the cost of them is insane for what you get. Then I discovered a small company (started by a mom of course), makes reusable pouches that you fill yourself! Perfect for giving him things that require a spoon as long as they are thin enough to be sucked out. Jeff made yummy smoothies for he and I Saturday night, and that seemed like the perfect opportunity to let him try one of the pouches. I didn't think he'd get the hang of it in one go, so I only put a small amount of smoothie in there. I completely underestimated his ability, and after a minute or two, he not only figured out how to use it, he emptied it. I had some yogurt in the fridge, so I filled the pouch back up and gave it to him. He loved the yogurt. He sucked that down and screamed when I took the empty pouch to add more. We only had a few yogurt spills when he flung his pouch around, not bad. I have discovered that another mom created a different top to put on any pouch that has a valve it in to avoid the accidental spills. They are in production right now though, so we will have to live without them for about a month. I can't wait to get those.
I gave the Bean some oatmeal Sunday morning in his pouch and that was not a hit. He didn't seem to like the texture. Oh well. We will give it another try later.
I gave the Bean some oatmeal Sunday morning in his pouch and that was not a hit. He didn't seem to like the texture. Oh well. We will give it another try later.
Eating yogurt is serious business!

No comments:
Post a Comment