The bean has been completely curious about anything I do for a while now. He wants to be held or worn whenever I am doing something that he deems interesting so that he can see. Running water completely fascinates him and he loves watching me get water from the fridge dispenser. Of course along with watching comes, I must touch that, followed by that must go in my mouth.
I heard the best description of babies senses at this age. Their hands are almost like eyes and they "see" things by touching. Their mouths are more like hands and they "feel" things by putting them in their mouths. We do lots of things for sensory exploration, but not everything around us should be put in a baby's mouth. The bean of course doesn't believe that, which can lead to some frustration on his part.
If I have anything in my hands, he has a deep desire to make it his and explore it. As long as its a baby safe item, I usually give it to him or distract him with something else. He will let me make it through all the mail if he gets one envelope. The thing he wants the most of all is my phone. The first place he wants to put it is his mouth, so he doesn't get to mess with it often. It's becoming more challenging to take pictures though, as you will see below. He is cute when he is trying to steal stuff.




No comments:
Post a Comment