Monday, February 18, 2013

Eating out

We love to go out to eat and the baby makes it even more of an adventure. He isn't into eating solids yet, but he is into getting his hands on everything in sight. His favorite part of dining out is the paper napkins. He makes a beeline for those and generally had demolished one before Jeff and I have opened our menus.

Recently when we went to Vancouver BC, we ate at a family friendly restaurant called White Spot. They serve kids meals in a cardboard pirate ship. The waitress brought him one to play with and as Jeff put it, he became a pirate and could now lay waste to the whole table. In less than a 30 second period, he ran his pirate ship through Jeff's food, Jeff took it to wipe it off and all this happened just as I was distracted actually taking a bite of my lunch. Being a pirate without a ship, he decided my bowl of au jus would substitute nicely and grabbed it. I managed to catch him before he and I were wearing it at least. We enjoy the humor he now brings to eating out. I never appreciated how much fun napkins and tray liners can be!

I haven't figured out how to caption the photos yet, but he was forced to eat his bib after losing his ship and napkin.



No comments:

Post a Comment