Monday, May 27, 2013

New Friends

On Wednesday we got to go over to a friend's house and meet her new baby, Thumper, who is now two months old. Her three year old, Rerun, was also home. I was reminded about how big the Bean was as a new baby when I held Thumper. At two months old, he was bigger than the Bean was at birth, but not by much. Happily the Bean didn't seem to be jealous of me holding the baby. What he was jealous of however, was Rerun. He kept randomly screaming and we couldn't figure out why. Finally we realized it was because Rerun would go from playing on the floor by the Bean to running around and the Bean wanted to be able to run around too. Poor Rerun seemed confused by the Bean's size. I think he thought the Bean was older and should be able to play with him better. His mom kept telling him that the Bean wasn't that much older than Thumper, but I don't think he believed her. The Bean was so tired after playing that he fell asleep instantly on the way home.

It was so nice to visit with Deanna and the kids had a great time playing together, so I think we will be going back again soon. If we end up there when Deanna's older two kiddos are home, the Bean will probably get even more jealous though! It will be fun to see his reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment