Monday, May 27, 2013

Water Baby

This is an expansion on the cute picture I posted the other day of the Bean waiting for his bath. I've added the picture again, in case you need a dose of cuteness!

He loves the water. He loves to watch it, touch it, play in it, and especially be in it. Fountains or other running water when we are out places quickly grab his attention. Any running water at the house gets him excited. After he eats, I tend to just wash his hands at the sink instead of trying to wipe them. He objects greatly to having his hands wiped, but will happily stick them in the water. From watching us, he is starting to figure out how the faucet works, so we really have to be careful that he doesn't grab the handle and change the water to full hot.

I am so glad that he likes the water. It makes our lives a lot easier. I have him fully acclimated to the shower, and he showers with me over taking a bath most days. He waits, not so patiently outside the shower door, for me to be ready for him. As soon as the door is open he quickly pops his head and hands inside so I can grab him. He also looks so cute when he is waiting (or getting in the shower), but of course I don't have pictures since unlike the baby, the iPhone doesn't like the shower. Learning to shower with him took me a little time. A wet, soapy baby is much, much more slippery than even just a wet one (and certainly way more than a dry one). We take a bath sometimes for a treat, but he doesn't like to bathe alone. When he is in alone the water is much more shallow than it is when I get in with him and he thinks the shallow water is unacceptable. Its way easier to just shower with him if I don't feel like taking a bath.

He is all done with swimming lessons, but we go to open swim at a really nice pool near us. We could do another session of lessons, but quite honestly, he has more fun at the other pool and I really don't think he will get much out of another set of lessons right now. We will probably do another round in a year or so when he is older.

We went swimming with a friend and her little boy on Friday. It was her little one's first time in the pool. They both had a great time. The Bean prefers the lazy river part of the pool (where we swim in circles together) and her little boy liked the shallow pool where he could move around on his own better. Its so fun to watch them grow together and shower their different personalities!




No comments:

Post a Comment