Today was our second swim class. The bean got very excited once we walked out in the pool area. I guess he remembered it from last week. We had a good time again. We are working on different swimming movements and cueing the movements with words. The bean doesn't quite kick when cued, but is getting close. I've always said "kick,kick,kick" when he kicks in the bathtub, so this isn't a totally new association for him. We worked on reaching and pulling today too. I dunked the bean underwater again this week. He isn't totally sure about it, but it went better than last week.
I found out one of the other public pools around us has a whole play area/wading/shallow pool just for little kids and babies. The general pool doesn't have open swim during the day but the little pool does. I can't wait to go check that out! My goal with swimming lessons was to learn how to help him harness his instincts in the water and make him more comfortable, so I am not sure that I want to do lessons again after this one. There are no adult/tot classes specifically for kids who have taken them before so all the sessions of class will be basically the same. The bean and I might have more fun just going to the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment