This event takes place in honor or Earth Day every year on the Saturday of Earth Day weekend. It's organized to break the world record for number of cloth diapers changed at one time. The goal is to promote awareness about cloth diapering. This year all the events happened at 11am local time. I was so excited to participate this year, until I discovered the closest event to us was about an hour drive each way. Boo!! Hopefully there will be a closer on next year.
I decided to participate in spirit at 11am and changed the bean at home. Sadly my pictures are blurry. I discovered right before 11 when taking my before picture that something is wrong with the camera on my phone. Have to visit an Apple store to get that sorted!! We changed from a bum genius in my favorite Albert print to a Tots Bots Jack and the beanstalk. As you can see, the bean is quickly bored of being changed and is all over the changing table. He stayed on his belly through the whole change. Silly little man!
I love that we aren't filling the landfills with disposable diapers and that he doesn't have all those chemicals on his skin. Despite having inherited my easy to anger and make red skin, he hasn't had diaper rash issues. Not to mention how cute cloth is!! Way cheaper too. All my cloth will have decent resale value when I'm done. Can't say that about a used disposable!

No comments:
Post a Comment